Quebec Skilled Workers

Quebec Skilled Workers Program(QSW)

An Accord is taking place between federal government of Canada and provincial government of Quebec for immigration of skilled workers is known as Canada-Quebec

Accord on immigration. According to this Accord provincial government of Quebec will select skilled workers through their on selecting criteria and has their own requirements. This program is announced by the provincial government of Quebec to make sure that skilled worker who is immigrated to the province make a healthy part of society and helpful to their economy.

If you are planning to immigrate to Montreal city of Quebec or any other city of Quebec as a skilled worker under this program, you should meet are the requirements provided under this program which is different from federal skilled worker program.

You have to submit an application to the office which is selected by the provincial government of Quebec for the selecting Certificate which is called Certificate de Selection du Quebec (Certificate of Selection). After getting the certificate the candidate would apply for immigration for permanent residence to the federal government of Canada. This program selection criterion is different from those of federal programs.

The next step is to undergo a medical examination to immigrate to Canada.

         Criteria for Quebec Skilled Workers program

 Total 28 points for Training

Total 10 points for Employment Offer

Total 8 points for Work Experience

Total 16 points for Age

Total 22 points for Language Proficiency

Total 8 points for Children

Total 1 point for Financial Self-Sufficiency

Prepare for arrival

The agent will ask you a few questions to ensure that you still meet the eligibility criteria for immigrating to Canada. These questions are similar to those you answered when making your application.

Entry to Canada will be denied if the information you provide is false or incomplete, or if you do not convince the agent that you meet the requirements for admission to Canada.

It will also confirm your mailing address in Canada and arrange for your permanent resident card to be mailed to you at this address.

If you change your address within 180 days of your arrival in Canada, you must notify CIC using the online tool.

Disclosure of money in your possession

If you have more than $ 10,000 CDN on arrival in Canada, you must notify the CBSA officer. Failing to declare it, you are liable to a fine, and your funds can be seized. These funds can take the form of:

  • cash;
  • bearer securities (e.g., stocks, bonds, unsecured bonds, treasury bills);
  • bank drafts, checks, travelers check or money orders.
4 (80%) 1 vote