eligible for the following categories
- Newfoundland Skilled Workers Under Express Entry
- The skilled worker category
- International Graduates
- The Contractor category
This program is currently under revision. The PCTNL will announce the criteria for the new category in 2015 and the eligibility requirements will be shared shortly thereafter.
In this category, workers can be selected if they have specialized skills that have an impact on the employer’s operations in the province. Candidates may be eligible if they meet the following requirements:
- Have a full-time job offer from an employer in Newfoundland and Labrador with details of salary and other benefits in accordance with provincial employment standards and existing negotiations or labor disputes.
- Have a valid work permit,
- Have the necessary experience for the position, including the license or permit if necessary
- Demonstrate the intention and ability to settle in the province
- Demonstrate sufficient funds to settle in the province
- Provide proof of their level of French or English. Proficiency in English must be proven by one of the following means:
- An affidavit of English language skills from the employer in Newfoundland and Labrador that provided employment for the candidate, or
- A school or training document
You are not eligible for this category if:
- You or a member of your dependent family over the age of 18 (whether accompanying you or not) have a criminal record;
- you are in litigation for custody of a child or for a marriage. You must have these problems solved before you start the immigration process;
- You intentionally misrepresented the application; or
Applicants must apply to this category within two years of their graduation date. In addition, in order to be eligible, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have completed at least half of their studies in Canada, and have graduated from a Canadian public college or university
- Have completed at least one full-time two-year degree program, One-year graduate programs and professional certification programs are also eligible.
- Have a full-time job offer from an employer in Newfoundland and Labrador in their field of study or in a related field of study
- Hold a post-graduate work permit
- If you graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution outside Newfoundland and Labrador, you may be required to work in a job that is in your field of study for a minimum of one year prior to submission of your PNP application.
The entrepreneur category
This program is currently under revision. The eligibility criteria will be displayed once the review has been completed.